LGBTQ+ Social Justice Leadership Institute
LGBTQ Allyship believes that in order to build strong communities we must have strong leaders. We are now accepting applications for our six-month LGBTQ+ Social Justice Leadership Institute. Our goal is to build and train 10-12 grassroots LGBTQ+ social justice leaders around LGBTQ+ housing justice & equity. Leaders will become familiar with public speaking, event planning, story-collecting for advocacy, advocacy skills, mobilization, community organizing skills, grassroots fundraising and an intersectional analysis around LGBTQ+ housing justice & equity.
Apply to be a part of our Leadership Institute today: http://bit.do/
Applications are due at 5pm on Monday, May 2. If you have any questions or would like support filling out this application, please contact Community Facilitator Denechia Powell at email@example.com or 206.428.1986.
We are looking for:
1. LGBTQ+ community members age 16 & up who are committed to anti-oppression & anti-racist values
2. A commitment of six months
3. Ability to volunteer 5-7 hours a month
4. Ability to attend orientation, workshops & trainings (some exceptions allowed)
5. An open mind and a willingness to learn