Category : Annoucement
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job Location: Seattle, Washington
Position Type: part-time, 11 hours a week + goal to increase hours
Contact: Debbie Carlsen
LGBTQ Allyship is a nonprofit located in the Central Area serving over 2600 constituents by advocating for LGBTQ economic equity, housing, reducing youth homelessness and access to democracy justice in Seattle and south King County. We build community power through leadership development, advocacy and community organizing. Allyship leads the LGBTQ Social Justice Leadership Institute to build LGBTQ grassroots leaders in south Seattle and South King County.
Our mission: LGBTQ Allyship builds power among LGBTQ communities and allies in Washington State to work towards economic, racial, and gender justice. We do this through community organizing, education, advocacy, and developing grassroots leadership in solidarity with other marginalized communities.
LGBTQ Allyship Administrative Coordinator
Job Description: The Administrative Coordinator will provide office support, fundraising duties and volunteer coordination support. They will also provide some grant research support.
- Entering names and contact info from postcards and sign-in sheets into Little Green Light, Constant Contact
- Turn in reimbursement forms on a weekly basis to our fiscal sponsor
- Do research for grants
- Buy and order office materials
- Print needed flyers
- Maintain and update an organized database
- Generate donor and volunteer lists and become familiar with Little Green Light
- Lead large fundraising mailings
- Assist where needed around board and committee meetings
- Thank donors on a weekly basis if needed (create and mail letters)
- Organize and keep office clean
- Track Just Dessert donors from different colored donation slips
- Board communications and follow-up around fundraising events
- Event logistical assistance
- Volunteer coordination for our three program areas (Economic, Housing and Democracy Justice)
- Edit grants
- Assist program staff in posting on social media
- Other administrative duties
- Ability to track and report data in Allyship’s database.
- Able to lead and accomplish tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with fundraising and development work
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Google Docs
- Has own laptop
- Experience as an administrator
- Familiarity with queer, trans, gender non-binary, low-income, people of color, homeless youth and immigrant communities, cultures and organizations.
- Believes in gender, racial and economic justice.
- Willingness to work from home.
- Has own car or able to travel easily
- Able to start immediately
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Salary: Starts at $16/hour with health stipend, retirement benefits, generous paid vacation and Personal Time Off benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Debbie Carlsen, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 6th, 2017.
*This position starts at 11 hours a week and we plan for this position to grow. Therefore, Allyship is looking for candidates who have the flexibility to increase their hours.