Allyship is Hiring a Video Editor
Category : Uncategorized
Job Title: Video Editor
Job Location: Seattle, Washington
Position Type: Contractor, 10 hours of Editing at $75/hour
Contact: Debbie Carlsen
LGBTQ Allyship is a nonprofit located in the Central Area serving over 2600 constituents by advocating for LGBTQ economic equity, housing, reducing youth homelessness and access to affordable health care in Seattle and south King County. We build community power through leadership development, advocacy and community organizing. Allyship leads the LGBTQ Social Justice Leadership Institute to build LGBTQ grassroots leaders in south Seattle and South King County.
Our mission: LGBTQ Allyship builds power among LGBTQ communities and allies in Washington State to work towards economic, racial, and gender justice. We do this through community organizing, education, advocacy, and developing grassroots leadership in solidarity with other marginalized communities.
Job Description: The Video Editor will edit a training video on Seattle Labor Standards based on a presentation/workshop at Allyship’s LGBTQ POC led Workers’ Rights workshop on October 8th. The Video Editor will work with the executive director on the concept and storyboard. They will create a finished product of 5 to 7 minute training video with music, titles and graphics. The Video Editor will also create 20 training videos on DVD’s.
- Manipulate and edit video pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Work with executive director on the overall direction of the project
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the video
- Input music, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders throughout post-production process
- Use Industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with editing software packages ie. Premiere, Final Cut Pro
- Demonstrate video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Has own editing equipment
- Ability to capture Mini Dv’s to computer
- Ability to write DVD’s
- Ability to upload video to YouTube
- Knowledge of LGBTQ communities
Salary: $75/hour for 10 hours of editing.
Please send resume and cover letter to Debbie Carlsen, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 15th, 2016.